Read the list and then here is the challenge:
- Make a list of your three most bothersome excuses.
- Turn each excuse into a powerful question, starting with the words "How can I?" or "How can we?" (For example, if your excuse is "That's R&D's job," you might ask "How can I make innovation my job?" or "How can I help my team take more responsibility for innovating?"
- Brainstorm each question -- alone and with your team.
- It's not broken. Why fix it?
- It involves a power shift and somebody will get mad.
- I don't have the energy.
In a sense, I object to innovation for innovation's sake. It's a means to an end. Not an end in itself. Is that my 4th excuse?
What keeps you from innovating? What are your excuses?