This came in my e-mail yesterday and want to encourage you Blue Skunk readers (being above average in both taste and intelligence) to consider nominating yourselves for the ISTE Board. Librarians and Minnesotans are particularly needed to bring balance and grace to the organization.
I served for two two-year terms and found the experience very enjoyable and enlightening. The meetings are designed to be of minimal cost to board members and require little time away from work. If you have specific questions about serving that can't be answered from the ISTE website, let me know. - Doug
Happy New Year,
We’re building the next exceptional Board of Directors, and we need your help!
Board nominations are now open! What an exciting way to start the New Year!
Today, through Monday, February 2, nominations are being accepted for the following open positions, each with a two-year term starting in June 2009:
- Two At-Large Representatives: General members involved in any area of educational technology.
- One Computer Science Representative: General member who is a PK–-12 or post-secondary education computer science instructor.
- One International Representative: General member who is from a country other than the United States, involved in any area of educational technology.
- One PK–12 Schools Representative: General member who is a PK–12, school-based educator, either classroom teacher or technology coordinator.
- One State Technology Director Representative: General member who is a director of technology for a state education agency.
Consider nominating yourself or reach out to your colleagues and contacts throughout the world who are ISTE members and have the leadership skills to serve to encourage them to run for a seat on the Board. It is through you, our members who are committed to the goals of ISTE and advancing the field of educational technology, that we can build an exceptional Board.
Details about the nomination process, the three guiding questions, and Board member responsibilities are available at http://www.iste.org/elections.