- Technology Dinosaurs, September 2005
- The Need for Community, October 2005
- Names Can Never Hurt Me, November/December 2005
- Caution with Collaboration, January 2006
- HPLUKS, February 2006
- Letter from the Flat World Library Corporation, March 2006
- Librarians 2.0, April/May 2006
I've noticed the huge impact that this blog has had on my column writing, not just for Library Media Connection, but for Leading & Learning and Education World, too. The blog has become my primary source of ideas, drafts and trial balloons for many of my columns.
While at times difficult and time-consuming, columns tend to be more satisfying to write than blog entries. They need to be tighter, more concise, polished. They need to pass muster with an editor. They need to be written with an audience in mind rather than simply for self-bloviation. There are constraints that force me to actually work on them. And the writing is better for it.
I guess I better find them enjoyable to write - I'm committed to another 20 next school year!
Any feedback about this year's columns is most certainly welcome.