I was delighted last week to receive the June 2014 issue of Teacher-Librarian magazine in which Jennifer LaGarde and my article appeared. Jennifer and I make a great team - she does the work and I take the credit.
Anyway, if your schools has or is planning to have a 1:1 or BYOD environment and you are a librarian or supervise one, get access to this issue and this article!
Very proud to have worked with LibraryGirl on this and forthcoming book on the same topic.
Articles I have previously published in Teacher-Librarian aka Emergency Librarian:
- Are Libraries (and Librarians) Heading Toward Extinction? Teacher-Librarian, Dec 2003
- Change from the Radical Center of Education Teacher-Librarian, June 2008.
- Computer Skills for Information Problem Solving (with Mike Eisenberg) Emergency Librarian (Teacher-Librarian) - also an ERIC Digest, May 1996 (revised 2002)
- Information Power: Building Standards That Are Useful, Teacher Librarian, Dec 2000
- Information Power from a District Perspective, Emergency Librarian (Teacher Librarian), Sept 1998
- Internet Filters: Censorship by Any Other Name?, Emergency Librarian (Teacher Librarian), May 1998
- Seven Most Critical Challenges That Face Our Profession Teacher-Librarian, May/June 2002
- Skills for the Knowledge Worker Teacher-Librarian, October 2006.
- Student Access to Internet: Librarians and Teachers Working Together to Teach Higher Level Survival Skills, The Emergency Librarian (Teacher Librarian), Jan 1995
- Top Ten School Library Game Changers of the Past Twenty-Five Years. Teacher Librarian, April, 2013
Graphic by Jennifer LaGarde.